Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 1.2

    Apparently unable to read a calendar, I “started” the $$$ Diet yesterday, one day early. I’ll call it a practice day. I will happily report that the practice day went well. I made a menu for the week, clipped some coupons and went to the store to get ONLY the items I had coupons for, double coupons no less! I bought a bagful of groceries and spent (drumroll here) $1.55. Yup, no lie, $1.55. I used double coupons from Albertsons. They have been putting 3 coupon doublers in every flyer, the weekly mailer and the Sunday paper. You can get more by picking up more flyers. They double a manufacturer’s coupon up to $1.00 SCORE! Then I had some $5 off coupons from a previous receipt on a previous purchase. I realized they were expired, but guess what, the register accepted them and the cashier said it was fine. I have found about 50% of the time expired coupons work, so don’t toss them, especially rebate type coupons.
    On a sad note, I learned that Albertson’s no longer accepts competitor coupons like they used to. I am not sure all of the checkers know this, as I used some just weeks ago (apparently the policy changed months ago), but it is the official policy now. Bummer, when a good thing comes to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment