Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 9 - Week 1 Complete

     I haven't been blogging for a few days since my eyes have really been hurting when I'm on the computer too much. The diet overall has been going very well, although I have to admit that $$$Dad is doing much better than me. He hasn't spent ANY money, except for gas in over a week. He needed new jeans but dug around in his wallet and found a Costco cash card to pay for those. He is the ALL STAR in the diet at our house. I have spent money as needed on groceries, gas, etc, but have been carefully shopping to spend as little as possible, just not as careful as him.
     However (big confession) I did stop at the Goodwill yesterday (first mistake). I was looking for something specific and got sidetracked by an awesome bag/purse. It's a backpack purse, which I really can use since I like to walk alot of places but hate carrying a purse. However I didn't technically NEED it. I caved and spent $6 on it. So now, I have to find a place to cut or make the $6 so I won't feel guilty. I did not, however buy the amazing coffee table they had for $150. I was sorely tempted as it was just the type I've been looking for. Of course it would be at Goodwill during the diet to test me like that.
     In other news, Small Change started school today. They feed him breakfast and lunch for free (part of the program he's in) so that should save on groceries a bit. I am inspired by all of you fellow dieters and your posts. Let's make this a game and try everywhere to get deals. It never hurts to ask!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment